Here are the reasons why Governor Obaseki of Edo State was disqualified by the APC screening committee.
1. The chairman of the screening committee, Prof. Jonathan Ayuba, hinged the disqualification of Obaseki on the fact that he was not fit to partake in the party’s primary to choose its standard-bearer for the upcoming governorship election in the state.
2. The screening committee said that Obaseki presented the Higher School Certificate (HSC) which the panel said was defective. 3. It noted that Obaseki’s HSC certificate was not in existence.
4. The committee also added that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate Obaseki presented did not have his name written properly.
5. Although the University of Ibadan had issued a statement to confirm that Obaseki is the institution’s alumnus, it was argued that statement failed to exonerate the governor from the discrepancies in his certificates.
6. Apparently determined to prevent the reoccurrence of Bayelsa experience, the ruling APC saved its head from possible legal tussle that might arise if Obaseki eventually wins the primary and becomes the party’s standard-bearer for the election. Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1338329-edo-election-six-reasons-apc-panel-sacked-obaseki-governorship-primary.html